The D-H Summer Internship Program for high school students provides an opportunity to explore these questions first-hand, better preparing you to make choices about life after high school. Internship sites will be available in a variety of operational, research, administrative and clinical tracks.
This is a paid program that requires a 6 week commitment, working a minimum of 30 hours per week. We are looking for high school students who are excited to explore the world of healthcare! In addition, as part of a cohort, you will participate in a series of workshops for personal and professional development, mentoring, and networking opportunities.
High School Credit Opportunity
High school credit can also be earned through your internship. D-H has partnered with the Virtual Learning Academic Charter School of NH (VLACS) to enhance the internship experience with high school credit. Interns who choose to participate in this part of the program will be connected with a VLACS instructor who will work with you and a D-H mentor to develop a personalized learning plan.
How to Earn Credit:
- VLACS offers self-paced personalized learning 1:1 with your teacher
- D-H internship experience can be applied to earning at least ½ a high school credit
- You will enroll in a competency grouping (“class”), such as Career Exploration, Health Sciences or Intro to Nursing
- Earning credit includes pre-work, time during the internship, and post-work
- You will receive a VLACS transcript showing competencies completed and credit earned
- Go to www.vlacs.org to learn more and:
- Identify a competency grouping(s) of interest from the VLACS learning catalog
- Create an account, and enroll
- Communicate with your school’s guidance or ELO team
- Your VLACS instructor and D-H mentor will work with you to develop and integrate your personal learning plan into your internship
VLACS is an approved diploma granting NH public school and works with all high schools in the state