Summer Internship Program
for High School and College Students
College Applications due March 31, 2019
High School Applications due April 26, 2019
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) internship program combines work, professional development, mentoring and shadowing into a robust summer learning experience. It is our goal to spark a lasting interest in the many opportunities available in the healthcare industry while also offering you the opportunity to practice important work place skills.
We look forward to receiving applications from students who are:
- Curious and want to learn as much as possible from this experience
- Flexible and able to navigate change
- Ready to work hard
- Looking forward to being part of a cohort and working with your fellow interns to build career-ready skills
- Excited to roll up your sleeves, ask questions, look for opportunities to contribute to a team, and experience a professional working environment
- Motivated by helping others – whether you are interested in direct patient care or the administrative and operational business of a hospital, we all share the mission of taking care of patients
Specific internship site placement decisions are based on a combination of your area of interest, any required skills, and site opportunities available. We work hard to create great matches so that our interns and site hosts have a wonderful experience.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) is a nonprofit academic health system. Our Internship Program is based out of the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) in Lebanon, NH, where we provide access to more than 1,000 primary care doctors and specialists in almost every area of medicine. DHMC is home to the Norris Cotton Cancer Center, one of only 45 Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the nation; and the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock. Most internships are based in Lebanon at our main campus, but some sites may be available at other locations in our health system.
The Internship Program is coordinated by the D-H Workforce Readiness Institute (WRI). We offer a number of training programs and pathways to launch or advance healthcare careers.
- Find your passion
- Gain valuable work experience
- Put your studies to practice
- Make great connections
- Build your resume
Earn while you learn, this is a paid program